Blue Coppice Blatherings

Blather and balderdash about stitching, design and domestic life.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Welcome to my world....

Well, here I am. Rather bored at work & wishing I could go home to do something rather more constructive than writing blurb for a corporate brochure.

I suppose I'd better introduce myself for the benefit of those poor lost souls trapped in the wilderness that is the internet...

During the day, I'm part of the cut & thrust of corporate life as I work as a Design/Graphics Manager. However, my alter-ego surfaces at night & weekends (and well, let's face it, any chance I get during working hours as well...) & I moonlight as an Embroidery Designer.

Yes, I know, not the coolest, hippest of occupations, but it's something that I have a passion for & have been doing in some form for many years. So less of the sarky comments thank you!

I've been self-publishing my designs for the last 6 months or so, & much to my surprise they've been getting a good reception. From it being a germ of an idea this time last year, I'm now supplying one of the best embroidery shops in the UK - The Country Cross Stitcher in Woburn, Bedfordshire - and have an ever-growing list of new customers, many of whom based in the USA. The internet is a wonderful thing...

I would love to give up my job & design my pieces full-time, particularly because I have over 150 ideas begging to be stitched, however due to the usual dull practicalities of life (mortgage, bills, mortgage, bills, mortgage, bills....you get the picture?) it looks like I'll be here for a long time yet.

Unless I win the lottery.

Although it might help if I actually bought the odd ticket......


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home