Blue Coppice Blatherings

Blather and balderdash about stitching, design and domestic life.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Progress at last...

Hurrah! After a reasonably productive weekend, I managed to finish the first part of a workshop piece!

Time's been conspiring against me for this one - everytime I tried to sit down to it in the evening, there would be some kind of crisis or problem. By the time the problem was solved & the chores were finished, I'd be left with less than an hour to stitch - not really long enough to complete anything...

To start at the beginning, I've been asked to run a weekend workshop in late summer/autumn 2005 by Jane Dickinson of Great Escapes. Initially, I thought that would leave me plenty of time to prepare the piece and the packs, but of course I'd forgotten that Jane would need a picture of the completed piece to go into the 2005 brochure - by November. Ho hum!

So for the past couple of weeks, I've been designing & stitching a little something that will offer enough challenges to the more experienced stitchers, whilst not frightening beginners and demonstrates some of the key elements for working my designs. The main piece is now completed (all descriptions have to be kept under wraps until the brochure is produced!) and now I'm working on the extra piece for the really speedy stitchers who finish the other piece ahead of time.

As usual, I'm counting down the minutes at work until I can shoot home and get back to stitching. I'm really pleased with the way this one has turned out, and the second part will just be the finishing touch. Once the pieces are finished, they'll be rushed down to my mother ready to be photographed. Luckily, my mother is an excellent photographer who is extremely experienced at photographing textiles so I know the pictures will show the pieces at their best - it's just a wrench to part with them! And I can never quite trust Royal Mail, even with Special Guaranteed Extortionate Price Delivery....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home