Blue Coppice Blatherings

Blather and balderdash about stitching, design and domestic life.

Friday, October 22, 2004

Friday ramblings...

It's my birthday today & I'd like to publically thank my friends & family for their good wishes & presents!

OH gave me the most beautiful handbag in the softest dusky pink leather imaginable - I keep fondling it in the office & making excuses to find things in the pockets... My friends have either been colluding with OH or have psychic abilities as they gave me a gorgeous suede covered notebook for sketching & doodling in - and it fits into the bag as if they were made to be together! There was also a suede frame in my parcel which would look perfect with a small piece of stitching inside, I've got a few ideas already for that one but it might be empty until next year when I can slot another project into my timetable!

Thanks to my very generous family, I have just treated myself to a new pair of scissors - 4" embroidery scissors from the new "Olivia" range from Gingher. They have a very pretty floral pattern on the handles which I think will look rather good with the scissor keep & scissor holder designs I've got in the pipeline.

I think scissors are probably my greatest stitching weakness. Some people collect the full range of DMC or AVAS etc, some collect yards of linen; well I'm susceptible to scissors. My mother was recently at the IOLI 2004 convention in Pennsylvania & picked up a very sweet pair for me with transluscent blue handles. I have a similar pair but with pale pink handles and a stainless steel pair of Ginghers (both of which modelled in the picture for the Beehive Scissor Keep!), so I don't really need another pair at all, but what the hell? That's what birthdays are for!

Have a good weekend, everyone! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home