Blue Coppice Blatherings

Blather and balderdash about stitching, design and domestic life.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Total chaos...

OH and I spent yesterday afternoon up to our elbows in emulsion and newspapers as we finally got round to decorating our living room - to be fair, I was up to my elbows while he managed to keep himself remarkably clean and tidy. If I hadn't seen him up a ladder with my own eyes, I'd swear he hadn't even touched a paintbrush! We've got one more wall and a small patch of ceiling to do this evening but the worst has been done.

Most of the contents of the room have taken up temporary residence in the very small hallway and my stitching has been removed to the bedroom for safety, well away from any stray splats... Daisy, the cat, thinks it's all a game that we're playing for her benefit and was particularly delighted when we had a picnic of pizza and chicken wings on the floor for dinner, the dining table & chairs being completely inaccessible.

All this commotion has meant that I'm a little behind with the planned stitching, but I think I needed a break from this piece. It's a very straightforward design & in a way, that's caused me more problems than one of my more complex pieces. Normally I'd be constantly making decisions on the details of the design, but with this one there were no problems to be solved and it's turning out just as I'd planned so it's not really holding my interest!!

Of course once I'm working on the birth sampler again, I'll be dreaming of a nice, easy project where all the decisions have been made, but at the moment I can't wait to finish & get back to the problems..... As my father would say, it's just because I'm "bleedin' awkward". OH just rolls his eyes & thinks I'm completely insane for wanting things to be more complicated, but then neither of them really understand the "string" thing!

Still, there's not much more stitching to do on this one so I should get it finished this week. The construction for this piece is very straightforward as well and I'm hoping to finish it completely this weekend. Of course, this is all assuming I can find all the essential bits & pieces that are currently stashed away for safe-keeping. Luckily we only have a small house so the hiding places are limited, aren't they...?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I read your blog from Holland. It is so much fun to read about the life of others, especially when they are cross stitchers too. Your corner in the living room seems ideal. Can you place a picture?
greetings from
steekjevast steekjevast.web-log.nl

6:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home