Blue Coppice Blatherings

Blather and balderdash about stitching, design and domestic life.

Monday, November 08, 2004

Where did the weekend go?

Well, Monday's rolled around again and I'm still behind with the stitching...

Last Friday night, we went to the dreaded IKEA and tried to get a few bits for the newly painted living room. For once, we actually came out with more than half of the things we wanted and managed to arrange for some to be delivered on Saturday - there's a limit as to how much will fit in a Mini!

So, while OH was at college on Saturday, I was waiting in for the men from IKEA to turn up. This of course means that you can't go out, hoover, do anything that involves noise or even visit the bathroom - you just know they'll ring the doorbell at the most inconvenient moment. But it did give me a fabulous excuse to sit & stitch all morning which helped me catch up a little!

Eventually, the van turns up in the early afternoon and I then spend the rest of the day putting a set of bookshelves and a chest of drawers together - possibly my favourite household chore! With OH out of the way at college and then off to watch the football, and Daisy busy chasing squirrels and frogs in the garden, I managed to build everything & make a really good start on organising everything. I do have a vested interest in these items of furniture particularly - they're both for all of my stash!!

Now I have a perfect stitching corner in the living room, complete with a dinky little halogen light that swivels & twists in every imaginable way. My essential reference books, the folders with all my designs & notes in and a few of my stitched pieces are carefully arranged so I can reach everything! The chest of drawers now contains all the chart packs that have been languishing in an extremely large cardboard box, in the middle of the floor, together with the odd bits and pieces like pens, pencils, a cutting board, tape, string, oddments of card...etc...etc....etc.....

After going to a party on Saturday night, Sunday seemed to zoom by! By the time the housework had been done (including the inordinately large pile of ironing - I didn't realise OH had so many shirts & I have no idea how he's managed to wear them all in such a short space of time!), and I'd finished tidying the house after all the recent commotion, I didn't seem to have long to sit and stitch at all.

So the workshop piece is further along than it was but still not finished yet. Deep sigh.

I must admit that I wasn't exclusively working on it last night - I spent about 30mins on John Clayton's Greek Steps which hasn't been touched since we were on holiday in May. I really want to get this one finished and framed - I have the perfect spot in the hallway reserved for it. It's been a WIP for 2½ years as I've just been doing it when we've been away, but I want to make a start on L&L's Angel of Love soon as it is the perfect colour for the newly painted living room.....

Greek Steps is about 65% done so I think if I can squeeze an odd 30mins in here & there I can finish it fairly soon. I know, I know, I could just start Angel of Love as I've got all the bits ready to go, but I'm determined to finish Greek Steps first, otherwise I can see it languishing in the corner for another couple of years! And after that, there's the Ann Medd Sampler......then the L&L Seasonal Angels................Mirabilia's Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty...............

Let's face it, with my designs plus my full wish list, I've got enough to do until at least 2024..........can I retire yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home