Blue Coppice Blatherings

Blather and balderdash about stitching, design and domestic life.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas!!

This is my last entry of the year (unless I manage to find a computer over the holidays) & what a year it's been!! It's traditional to write a round-up of the year, but that could take pages so I'll just say that it's had its ups and downs & concentrate on the past week instead!

Last Friday's Christmas party was thoroughly enjoyable, the food was a cut above the average mass catering, the wine was flowing freely and my colleauges and I boogied the night away! There are rumours that I was spotted dancing on a chair, however I would like to point out that it was on the strict instructions of the boss who wanted to win a bottle of champagne. Sadly, the table of beautiful girls next to us had already caught the DJ's eye so my boss didn't stand a chance...

After a pitiful amount of sleep, my OH very kindly picked me up from the hotel before driving us both south to see his sister and her OH. We spent the afternoon walking their dogs in the local woods until it was too dark to see and then cleaned off the mud before heading into the local town for a few drinks and a gorgeous Indian meal. As usual, we all ate far too much and waddled out of the restaurant!

I came down with another flu-bug so I spent most of Monday & Tuesday curled up on the sofa with Daisy and a huge duvet feeling very sorry for myself. Luckily I seem to have shaken it off in time to enjoy my Christmas dinner but I'm really looking forward to a nice lie-in tomorrow morning before cracking open a bottle of pink sparkly and eating warm croissants...

As for the stitching, well I managed to finish the stitching for the trinket box so I'm on target still - but it could all change...

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday and I look forward to the first blog entry of the new year!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home