Blue Coppice Blatherings

Blather and balderdash about stitching, design and domestic life.

Friday, December 17, 2004

One week to Christmas!!

And I can't wait. I love Christmas - the tree, the food, the extra sleep....

I still need to wrap OH's presents but that's traditionally done on the 23rd when he goes off to his annual work party, so I know I have the whole evening to make all the parcels look nice - whilst trying to detach the tape from Daisy's fur! The cards have been bought & will be written on Sunday, I still need to get a small something for the office Secret Santa and I've got one more parcel to post. Not quite as organised as I'd like, but not bad considering the time I've had!

Jane Dickinson posted a small bundle of 2005 Great Escapes brochures to me this week so I can offically so the workshop piece that I'll be teaching in November 2005:



"Lavender Honey"
Copyright 2004 Bethany Woods. All rights reserved.
No reproduction without consent from the author.

This is only Part 1 - I think Part 2 may remain a surprise until the workshop...

I've had positive responses on the pieces so far and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. The venue, Hengrave Hall in Suffolk, is a beautiful place so I'm hoping I'll have time for a wander around as well as teaching, but I'm not counting on it!

This week I finished one of the panels for the next box & made a good start on the next. They're working up quite quickly so I'm nicely on target for constructing the box over the Christmas break. I'm working on the front panel at the moment & as long as there are no disasters, should have it finished for the end of next week. OH & I are going to his sister's this weekend so it's very unlikely I'll get much done - we'll be too busy talking!

There's not much other news - OH & I saw The Incredibles at the cinema at the weekend (highly recommended, very funny!), I met up with a couple of friends for dinner mid-week and I'm off to my office party tonight. I work with a really nice bunch of people so I'm looking forward to tonight - it's at a hotel that has a cheesy club attached so after dinner we're all going to go for a bit of a boogie! It's not that far from home, but I decided to take advantage of the subsidised rooms rather than try to get a taxi at 2am - I've been there before & know from experience that that's virtually impossible, and not exactly cheap either...

That's all for today. I hope everyone has a good weekend & thank you again for the sympathy - I'm feeling more like myself again!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

That's a lovely piece - any more information on the course??

You ought to contact Lin about doing a class for The Sampler Guild!!

Julie

11:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home