Blue Coppice Blatherings

Blather and balderdash about stitching, design and domestic life.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Happy New Year!

Well thankfully, 2005 is finally here. Christmas had its ups and downs, and certainly didn't go quite as planned.

My sister and her boyfriend are currently in India and we had an anxious time waiting for news of them following the disastrous earthquake and tsunami. Luckily they escaped unscathed, despite their hotel room being flooded, and they seem to have been very much on the edge of the affected area. Apparently their only losses were a few pairs of shoes & a bikini - they were unbelievably fortunate and only realised the scale of the destruction days later. If you haven't already, please, please donate to the appeal - contact The Disasters Emergency Committee for further information. Also see the BBC website for additional information.

OH and I split up on Boxing Day after over 9 years together so things are a little strange at home without him. It's all very amicable but we both need some space at the moment - and while I hope we can sort things out & get back together, I'm determined not to mope about it. Luckily my friends and family have been incredibly supportive, keeping me focussed on the positive sides and in the case of my parents, totally pampering me!

I went back to my parents for a few days over the holiday for a bit of breathing space and am so pleased I did. It was a really good opportunity to recharge my batteries and take a step back from all the pressure whilst being kept very busy - even fitting in a day-trip to France! We went on a glorious day - it was so clear that the famous White Cliffs of Dover could be seen in incredible detail from the coastal road between Calais and Boulogne - had far too much to eat for lunch (snails, duck & sorbet - I was still full the next morning!) and returned home with lots of goodies from Carrefour.

The friend I recently visited in London was also back visiting parents and so came round to offer sympathy and a large slice of a gorgeous cheesecake - he claimed all the credit should go to Nigella Lawson, but I think he was just being modest! Apparently blood was nearly spilled when my friend reserved the last piece of cake for me, so I must also thank his father - I would never knowingly have deprived him of his second (or would it have been third?) piece, but rest assured it went to a very good home... ;-)

Despite all the upheaval, I managed to finish the long-awaited Beehive Trinket Box and am currently working on the chart pack. Barring any more incidents, the pack will be ready for release on 31st January 2005. If you would like to place a direct advance order, please let me know - you will receive a 10% discount as long as your e-mail/letter/phone call reaches me by 31st Jan!

"Beehive Trinket Box"
Release Date: 31st January 2005
Chart Pack: £9.50 (less 10% discount if ordered by 31st Jan!)
UK: All postage costs included in price
International: Price of postage available upon request
Copyright 2004 Bethany Woods. All rights reserved.
No reproduction without consent from the author.

Now the Trinket Box is finished, it's back to the birth sampler which is coming along very nicely. I've also put a few stitches into L&L's Angel of Love as my first new start for 2005 - I already have a space reserved for it on the living room wall! As with Greek Steps, this is my "downtime" piece, when I feel the need to be stitching but haven't got the brain left to work on one of my own pieces, so it's going to take a while to finish...

Hmm....I think that's it for the moment. Hopefully the next few weeks will be rather less dramatic!

Have a good weekend!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maria

Glad your family are safe and sorry to hear about you and OH. I hope you are ok.

I love your beehive trinket box - it's so lovely! Can't wait to see some WIP photo's of Angel of Love.

Karen F
www.foliagecorner.co.uk/default.htm/

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home