Blue Coppice Blatherings

Blather and balderdash about stitching, design and domestic life.

Monday, January 24, 2005

I'm sooooooooo tired...

It's been a busy few weeks so I've been a little lax with blog entries, however I've got a spare few minutes so I thought I'd better catch up!

First things first, I'm on target for the next release. The Beehive Trinket Box chart pack is currently being proofed & having last-minute decisions made on it ready for Monday 31st Jan, so remember to send payments ASAP to take advantage of the 10% advance order discount!

The next design is going to be an introduction to the Water Garden. It's a small design but there's a lot packed into a tiny space! It will feature some different techniques and textures which will be expanded upon later in the year. There is a large Water Garden piece to follow which I have been contemplating releasing in installments however on further reflection this could create prohibitive printing costs, so there may well just be a longer break between releases...

I had some very good news from the US the other day - I've been invited to do a workshop in Pennsylvania in March 2007! I don't have any more details at the moment, and a lot can happen in two years, but I was delighted to accept and look forward to receiving further details. Now I need to work out exactly how much linen, DMC floss, silk floss and ribbon I can fit into one suitcase - I think my mother's going to stowaway in the other, but I might have to leave her behind when I start shopping. I don't think she'd mind too much as long as she had her pillow, bobbins and silks!

L&L's Angel of Love is working up steadily and has been a good break between my own pieces. My needle organiser has come into its own with this project - the skirt of the Angel is designed as a series of small Klimt-style geometric shapes, each one requiring a small amount of different coloured floss to the next. I have used nearly my entire collection of needles in the organiser to make sure the trailing threads are kept to a minimum! I will have reached her face soon and am currently trying to decide whether to stitch it as charted (over 2 threads) or whether to go with the over-one option.....decisions....decisions......


As for the social life, well, I have found out that I can no longer go out on a Monday night & expect to function normally for the rest of the week. Especially not when I work behind the bar at a golf club on Wednesday night, catch up on the housework on Thursday, have a friend to visit till the early hours on Friday night and work at the golf club again on Saturday! I could sleep for a week at the moment, but I'll settle for a couple of early nights!! Luckily things are a little quieter this week so I should be able to catch up before visiting my parents at the weekend.

My friends seem to be determined to keep me occupied and are currently in the throes of frenzied match-making with any suitable single men. I have been invited to become a cricket-groupie (or whatever the correct term may be - possibly Pavillion Crumpet?) as one of the guys at work plays for a local team, and he has single teammates. The season starts in April and I have been reliably informed that it is an ideal sport at which to stitch - so I can combine a pleasant day's stitching in the sun with a view of toned, male bodies in crisp whites. A few of the other girls at work may well be joining me...

Add to that a visit from one of my old girl-friends in February, a couple of girls nights out, another friend visiting over Easter, more weekend working at the golf club, a Sampler Guild stitching retreat in April, more weekend visits to friends & family, and my social diary's looking pretty full. In fact, I'm surprised I've time for a relationship over the past few years!

Somewhere in there I need to fit in stitching, and funds are pretty low at the moment, so I'm desperately trying to spread social occasions out! As of yesterday, I have officially closed my diary to all future social occasions until June. Well, maybe. I might be too busy for Brad Pitt (never been keen on those cheeks) but if Sean Connery invited me out for dinner I think I could squeeze him in. As long as he paid.

Heigh ho, back to the grindstone. Don't forget to e-mail those orders to me by 31st Jan!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home